Heat one cup of sugar and one cup of water in a sauce pan until sugar is disolved. Add the juice of 4-6 lemons (about a cup) and the prepared sugar water to a pitcher. Add cold water (3-4 cups) to taste. Refrigerate & Enjoy!
Way back in March, True Blue Texan, passed on this great award. In my defense I'll say that I was in Japan at the time, but then I'll go on to admit that I haven't been as diligent as I would have liked to have been since I've returned and therefore spent time blogging about Darth Vader when I could have been acknowledging the real people that make a difference in my days. I'd have to say that she is way better at this than I am, making lemonade out of lemons (and lots of other stuff too), as I do have a tendency to wallow in morbidity but seriously it's bloggers like True Blue Texan that remind me that there is a bigger picture, there is something positive that can be made out of the negative, we are not ineffective individual beings but a powerful collective that really can make a difference.
The rules, there are always rules...
Link to the person who awarded this honor.
Pass this award to ten bloggers (wow, ten!) and link to them as well.
Comment on those blogs.
Finally, post the award.
Anyway, I'm breaking the rules, I'm going to take some time to list some of the great blogs that I read below and why I think they are great. I'm not going to post on everyone's blogs, no tagging, not everyone plays anyway (their prerogative) and a lot of these peeps have already received this award...
1. A Time For Change: Catherine is a very busy lady who somehow manages to keep us right on top of the news, often several times in a day (whew! how does she do it? Must be her trusty assistant Marlowe). She's been through the wringer yet still manages to persist. I love her reminder that People Matter and take it to heart.
2. November Fifth: I have been blessed with the friendship of this blogger for nearly 20 years. She is always thoughtful, intelligent and inspiring.
3. Apocalyptics Anonymous II: Here is a place where you can get the straight dope. Intelligent, witty, informative.
4. Zirgar's Fresh New Brain Squeezin's!: This is some funny stuff. Zirgar takes the worst in humanity, adds some very witty word-play and makes some pretty sour lemonade, but lemonade it is.
5. It Dawned on Me: Diane is doing something very important with her blog. I'm drawn to it, she speaks to me.
6. Willpen's World: I think the sub-title says it all, "It’s all about the Music of Life!" Isn't it?
7. Feet Off the Table!: Aliceson is witty and fun. I love her stories and it's always nice to have a little reminder of Wisconsin.
8. Riot Kitty: Riot Kitty is fun, fun, fun and her use of the F-Bomb is always appropriate! Besides she knows someone who goes by the moniker Darth Weasel, how cool is that?
9. Political Morsels and Other Droppings: I love the image in my mind when I think of morsels and droppings in the same thought! Seriously, this is a great blog, thoughtful and informative.
10. A World of Progress: AWOP is a TeamZine that is the product of Kim's vision. Some of the best blog writers (IM0) can be spotted here!